Wednesday, February 23, 2005

LONESOME TRAVELER


Im a lonesome traveler in a world of fancy dreams and desires
where innocence gets easily stolen
and tears effortlessly pour
Gradually i became numb to the throbbing pain
Until identifying sorrow from pleasure seemed impossible

The path i chose to follow is somewhat murky n' unpredictable
On and on i move forward, but the farther i get the longer the road seems to appear
So many questions to ask... and yet not a soul i've ever met could satisfy this yearning
Enslaved by the doubting Thomas in me
I came to a conclusion that trust is a costly virtue to bestow to just anybody

Constantly i would hear voices inside my already troubled head
Murmuring obscure thoughts, and irrational ideas that corrupts my whole being
Negligently i concede... to what i thought was the only real thing in this world
Imprisoned by my wrong notions, I was left paralyzed by indecisiveness
The prize of freedom and independence was too high to pay

Funny how fate would paly its game on a novice like me
I was just beginning to understand life and its complexity
Unsuspecting I was that reality would bite me at once
The cut was too deep for recovery to go smoothly
Badly wounded, I savor the pain and engrave it in my head

Finally I'm starting to realize how it feels to be living in the real world
There are no angels to shield me from pain... no cute little clouds for me to step on
Torns and spikes are everywhere to give me a sting of common sense, i somehow left in the dreamworld... stirring the hopeless dreamer that was me
I still believe that someday I can elevate myself from all these madness
Nothwithstanding all challenges, I reckon victory is not far ahead from me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home