Friday, February 25, 2005

Music ...the essence of my being

Music is my life… as it feeds my spirit and mind

What a difference it makes in a day to hear the songs you want to hear

To make you groove or keep you inspired

It’s the story of your life sung over the radio

Making you want to cry and marvel at the same time

When I am broken, and lost in a hazy world like ours

A song or two helps keep me resolute and motivated

In my pursuit of happiness and comfort

How lonely one’s existence would be without music

It would be like a heart without a heartbeat

Dead silence kills not the body itself but the essence of being alive

Try taking away the rhythm, and the melody won’t be the same

Even nature appreciated music long before men have recreated them

Just listen as the birds’ melodious chirps brighten up the sky

Or hear the wind sings out an eclectic tune over the fields

All of these and more… attest to the truth

That music is not only a way of life which the non-believers might think

Music is the soul of man… wanting to be heard

Trying to reach out to the forlorn, the lonely, and the gloomy ones

Restoring hope, providing encouragement, and healing broken hearts…

I may just be another fool writing poems of some sort

For I only succumb to what I deem as an outburst of emotions

But I have my soul to thank that for…

As it cultivates in me the passion that has been sleeping for quite some time now

Finally, my soul and heart are once again reunited in a harmonious melody

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home