Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I envy the flowers

That delightfully adorns the fields

For in the crack of dawn

They are bathed with the early morning mist

And in the sundown

They recline, as if to be in a deep sleep

I can’t even recall the last time

I had a good night sleep

Every session with slumber

Is like a battle with insanity

My body is weak

But my mind keeps on wandering

I envy the sun

As it shines so brightly for everyone

Like it never loses its vitality

Always standing by

To give some encouragement

To those wretched and desolate hearts

As for me and my madcap ways

Always on the gloomy side

Discontented and disoriented

Embittered tears constantly held back

“I don’t want to cry!!!”

But then again, pain has defeated me

I envy the animals

Because they live for a cause

They live and survive

Doesn’t matter how

As long as they do

They seem to be fine

Even a beast exist for a reason

Scathingly, the essence of my coming-to-life

Seems to be unwritten in the book of gods

If ever there’s such a thing

I just couldn’t find it anywhere, or anyone

Can’t even find it in myself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home