Thursday, June 23, 2005

It ain't always 'bout love

How can I tell you?
That I’ll be a friend,
More than any other friends,
Could’ve ever been to you
I myself have been injured
By empty promises of supposed friendships


Neither one lasted…
Every word uttered by their sweet tongue
Were as superficial as the masquerade,
They put on when we’re first introduced
I was destitute then, gullible enough
To be a prey for their famished emptiness to feed on


It’s a fellow-feeling you and I share
To be on tenterhooks, someone who comes along
Might be the one
…to rescue us from our painful solitude
‘but we can never be too sure to count on that hope
We’re probably just diversions from the start
Until they finally acquire, what it is they’re looking for all along


Don’t fret, pal…
Someday they’ll come to understand
It’s not always romance that can breathe life into their hearts
And when that day comes… god knows,
Who’ll be there to complement their insecurities,
And placate their emotional outbursts; no man could ever have sympathy for

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

diversion it is...well said, may

11:44 AM  
Blogger ...... said...

i told you, i know how you feel...
It's prolly the bitterness that spoke, when i wrote it. co'z time and again, seems like i'm deceived by my so-called friends.... they're only there when they need your company, but never really cared when it's ur turn to ask for their amity...

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home