Please render me some peace
I need to get a sleep
I need some release
I’m hoping, you have the cure
I’m hoping you could spare me
Some remedy
My living hell
Caught up with me again
I don’t even have to toss and turn
Sleep has evaded me once again
This battle with slumber
Has got me quite shattered
Caffeine intensified my agitations
I’m like an in-patient
In an asylum
Couldn’t keep my thoughts straight
Even my eyes are deceiving me
As time languidly slips by
Though, I’m trying to understand
Nothing really makes sense
Am intoxicated by resentment
The guilt slowly working its way
Through me
I feel numb, but not enough to unstill my heart
Oh, this torment I’m in…
I’d rather be dead than be undergoing it
I’d rather not see
If these eyes would always be in tears
I’d rather be dim-witted
Than know the difference between joy and sadness
Can I still consider myself lucky?
Maybe… I’m lucky to be experiencing the torture
Because I still can…
But that’s where being lucky ends
Lucky because… just because
No if’s no but’s… just so


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home