Morning is just hours away
I sit here wide awake
Trying to resolve
The muddled thoughts in my head
Still I’m unable to focus
Suspended in restlessness and drowsiness
I’m waiting…
For whatever that may come
I’m trying…
To listen to my heart
But my heart never speaks
My heart has been muted by the tears
Out of words is the heart
That longs to say so much
But never had the chance
To be on the spotlight
And offer its assistance
To the soul, that has lost its touch
The fear is just ‘round the corner
Creeping… waiting for the right time
To settle in
I’m afraid… to be found
The darkness, has been no help at all
In no time, I’ll be engulfed by fear
I can hear the clock tickin
Its sound echoes to my ear
Silence and the biting cold
Of the pending dawn
Forbids me to rest my weary soul
I wish I could just lose myself in this weariness


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home