Sunday, August 14, 2005

You are the token
Of a love that I thought would last
You were the painful blessing
Where the lesson must be learned
In the most excruciating way
You came and left
All too soon for me to enjoy your existence
Tears are falling
As I imagine you in my heart
And caress you through the headstone
Where only your name is engraved
Without a face, without the voice
That will leave a memory in my head
I see you in my dreams at night
And only then, do I get to gaze
At the innocent smile, the untainted laughter
That resembles that one of the one I loved
I am not sure if you can feel my pain
I am not sure if you can understand my despair
But I’m relieved to know
That you’re looking down on me
From where you now dwell
I need not be afraid
Knowing that I have you as my angel
To see that I make it through
The many ordeals, I have yet to triumph over
Apologies have no more purpose
My words would only remain to be words
But your memory I will forever keep
In this heart where only anguish sleeps
You will be the light in my night
You will be the star in my gloomy sky
The bond we shared might be brief and fleeting
But the love you parted with me
Will always remain as the memory of your face
I will keep remembering

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home