Thursday, June 16, 2005

A friend in silence

Why won’t this soil where I stand

Swallow me whole

To compensate for the foul words

That came out of my mouth

Make a use of this barren soul

Even to be a mere fertilizer of this earth

Why won’t the sky devour me?

Let my pain echoes throughout

The terrain

Like the thunder, that shatters the ground

And all the tears, I can no longer afford to cry

Be the rainstorm that replenishes the land

I’ve so wanted to be valuable

But I’m just wasting time

Standing still and immobile

Of no use…I hang around

Desperately waiting till I come undone

Something I’ve been going through time and again

Why won’t he cut my journey short?

I don’t even understand where this road leads me to

Why must I go on?

Not knowing what tomorrow has to offer

Why must I be different?

And why must my maker be so indifferent?

People stare at me

Undressing my whore-like soul

They seem to think they understand

They seem to think I’m all ‘bout the drama

Such know-it-all fools

How can mere words describe the agony I’m going through?

Impossible… just as you think you can read through me

None of the lexis on your vocabulary

Would be enough to put in plain words

The living hell I’m reliving over and over and over again…

So be my friend in silence

Feel my pain, like I’m feeling it… co’z the sorrow cuts me piece by piece!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home