Saturday, June 11, 2005

Lend me a sigh

I’ve already exhausted mine

Shed me a tear

I’ve already forgotten how it feels to cry

Amuse me

For I’m suspended in ennui

Like a bird in a cage

Only I’m in a jaded world

Feed my soul

With the encouraging toxicity of your words

Wake me up

Before I submit to perpetual sleep

Tell me where to find genuine bliss

I’ve lost my way while searching for it

Tell me how the world looks like

Seeing it through your eyes

Does the sun shines brighter in your sky?

Do you have rainbows and butterflies?

For in my world, there are only vultures

Roaming around, feeding on human inanity

The battle for survival lives on

And the weak are but a small part of the game

It’s a wild place to be in

But the longer I dwell here

The more my hunger heaps on

Insatiable as it may sound

I find myself yearning for more

I only wish someone could give this compulsion a closure

Better than what I could offer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home