I want to be me again
The me that I used to know
The me that I used to be
I thought I was in need
Of a loving partner
Who could attend to all of my fantasies… but I was wrong
I want to be free
Alone but happy
To be able to take in deep breaths
Unmindful that I’m breathing
The same air with somebody else and in the same room
To be able to embrace the boundless wind that blows to my face
I want to be whole on my own
To put together the torn pieces of my dreams
Without having to worry ‘bout somebody else’s needs
I want to dance in the rain
Without thinking, someone is watching me closely from behind
Oh god, how I’d give anything just to turn back time
I want to unravel the mysteries of life
Without being fraught
By your presence at my side
You, of all have disregarded my need to be free
You, of all have undervalued my rights
Do you know how much pain it cost me just to keep you?
I believe, it’s time for us to part
It’s time that I tend to myself once again
I’ve wasted so much time, trying to keep us in sync
And yet we keep on going, neither weak nor strong
The situation ain’t helping both you and I
Our world is just too small for this constant battle of wills


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home